Thursday 20 November 2008

Read my blog

I couldn't make Adam Tinworth's lecture on blogging, so I scoured my peers' blogs to catch up on what I'd missed.

Kat Collins' post on 'Attracting blog traffic' does exactly what it says on the tin. Kat was unhappy with the one sided nature of her blog, and wanted to open up a dialogue about her musings on online journalism.

She's decided to link to other blogs more often, include more Flickr pictures and comment on other peoples opinions. She's also advertising her blog on other social media platforms, like Twitter and facebook, and is tagging each of her posts carefully.

I'm going to follow Kat's example. I've been blogging about opening up 'the conversation' for weeks, but have done nothing to make my own contributions more democratic.

So I'm off to try and find out how to 'ping' my blog posts.

Image courtesy of MrLomo @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrlomo/2547112275/

No comments: